Fisher Architecture is seeking an architectural designer with experience in all types of market sectors to join our office. This position entails involvement in all phases of the design process – from Concept through Construction Administration. All candidates should possess strong technical and communication abilities to function at the highest level of design sensibility while exuding flexibility when collaborating with other designers in our creative work environment. The ideal candidate has previous experience assisting in all aspects of architecture and has experience working with relevant consultants.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Produces renderings and project visions using CADD software or maual drawings for projects in accordance with project specifications.
• Creates CADD drawings for projects; drafting; copies project drawings.
• Manage in-house library by printing, stamping and via support deliveries.
• Stay abreast of CADD software updates, basic code requirements, industry trends
• Coordinate with third party clients, contractors at the direction of the Team Project Manager.
• Prioritize and organize daily activities effectively and efficiently.
• Champion, support and enhance the Fisher Architecture corporate culture in all activities.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Effective communication skills (written and verbal) using the English language. Attention to detail, efficiency and confidentiality in all activities. Good organization and time management skills. Ability to work effectively and professionally as a team and manage individual goals. Knowledge of building code reequipments. Proven experience in drafting using both manual skills and Revit software. Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, establish priorities with little to no direction and meet deadlines. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to clearly and concisely write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, co-workers, clients and outside parties. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written ,oral, diagram or schedule form. Strong working knowledge Microsoft Office, Revit, CADD, Sketch-up, and similar. Subscribe to the Fisher Architecture Core Values.
Associates Degree in Architecture or graduate from Technical Trade School in CAD, drafting or related field.
Minimum of 1-year related experience, preferred.